If you’ve been following me on Instagram I’m sure you’ve noticed I’ve gone a little loopy for making Blythe doll clothes. Had so many failed attempted early on that I lost my Blythe sewing mojo until it was rekindled by an impromptu swap organized via twitter.
Anyhoo! I crocheted Perty this beautiful raspberry beret and thought you may like the instructions to make your own…
It’s very simple if you know some basic crochet technique and stitches, and I’ve made a video showing you how to do a decrease treble stitch.
My pattern writing skills are terrible so this is more a how to than a strict pattern, but I hope it’s easy enough to follow.
Yarn: 8 ply (I’ve used 100% wool)
Stitches: AUS/UK terminology. magic ring (explained), sl (slip), ch (chain), dc (double crochet), tr (treble crochet), anything in * * means repeat, inc (means work 2 stitches in one ie. inc 1 dc = 2 dc worked into one stitch of previous row), dec (means work one stitch in two).
Optional- stitch marker
1. Make a Magic ring (slip knot) 1 ch then work 7 dc into it, pull the end to close
2. 2 dc into each dc of row 1 (14 stitches)
3. * 1 dc then inc 1 dc* repeat till end of row working in a spiral (21 stitches)
4. * 2 dc then inc 1 dc* repeat till end of row working in a spiral (28 stitches)
5. 3 ch then * 3 tr then inc 1 tr * repeat till end of row then sl
6. ch 3, 1 tr * inc 1 tr, 2 tr * repeat till end of row then sl
7. ch 3, * 3 tr, inc 1 tr * repeat till end of row then sl
8. ch 3, * 5 tr , inc 1tr * repeat till end of row then sl
9. work 2 rounds of dc
10. ch 3, dec tr all the way around (see video for instructions on this stitch)
11. work one round of loose dc, sl then tie in loose end.
I hope that was clear enough. My tension is pretty tight so you may need to adjust for your tension. The idea is to work a flat circle till round 8 (shouldn’t have any cupping or waves) then 2 plain rows before decreasing.
Here is how to do a decrease treble stitch (sorry you tube has added ads because of the music licensee)
Please leave a comment if you have given it a try and have an questions or suggestions