When you are far from home or feeling a bit under the weather, there’s nothing quite like receiving a Care Package to make the day a little brighter.
In her new book, Care Packages, Michelle Mackintosh is bringing back the art of crafting packages with love and care. Care packages get their name from the humanitarian organisation Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE for short), which began distributing parcels of food and supplies in Europe following World War II, but people have been sending packages of provisions to others as long as there has been a way.
Everyone needs to be cared for at some point in their lives: not just when things are tough, but also in times of celebration and joy. Care Packages is here to show you how easy it is to reach out and connect with those we love – and even those we don’t know – with beautiful parcels filled with thoughtful items tailored for each recipient.
Full of delightful packaging ideas, craft projects, recipes and even templates to make your own boxes, tags and gift vouchers. It’s jam packed with lots of good stuff to make all your Care Packages just the best!
Just like in her previous book Snail Mail, Michelle has included a collection of interesting parcels mailed to her from people all over the world to her Po Box in Carlton North. The whole book is a visual feast and quite a good read too.
Publisher: Hardie Grant
Format: Hardcover, 240 pages
Care Packages now for sale in Australia and is available from independent book sellers – Go and get it at your local book shop.
The US edition will be released on November 1 and is currently available for pre-order from Amazon.
Here’s how to win one of 2 copies of Care Packages by Michelle Mackintosh, thanks to Hardie Grant
Good Luck, I can’t wait to read your comments
Glitter texture credit: Designed by Freepik
This post contains affiliate links
Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
2. Winner/s will need to supply contact details and postal address within 48 hours after receiving winning notification – after that prize will be redrawn.
3. Prizes provided and will be shipped by Hardie Grant
4. Winners contact details will be shared with Hardie Grant for shipping purposes only.
5. Entries open to Australian residents only.
6. There will be 2x books to giveaway, RRP $29.95 each. Prizes not exchangeable for cash.
7. The winners will be the entries deemed most creative by the judges. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
8. Entries close Midnight 24/5/16