I’ve yet to meet anyone that doesn’t enjoy a chewy chocolate chip cookie. Sure some may prefer dark choc chips over milk chocolate (I know I do), but there’s no denying choc chip cookies are almost everyone’s favourite.
This recipe is versatile and can be easily adapted by adding chopped nuts or dried fruit with, or instead of, chocolate chips. If you can enjoy them while they’re still warm out of the oven, you’ll get the extra treat of gooey melted chocolate as a bonus!
I’d recommend making a double batch. You can keep a portion of the uncooked dough in a sealed container in the fridge for up to two weeks. When you are ready to bake, portion the dough on a lined baking tray and allow to come up to room temperature for 5 mins before baking as per recipe.
When baking, allow plenty of room around each ball of cookie dough to allow for spreading.
You may also enjoy:
- 125g butter softened
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- 1/4 white sugar or caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line large baking sheet with non-stick baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugars into a bowl until light and creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla and egg.
- Sift the flours and baking powder into the bowl and mix it in with a wooden spoon.
- Stir through chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie mixture onto lined baking trays spacing them well apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just golden, then remove from oven and allow to cool on trays for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
You may need to adjust cooking time depending on your oven. Depending on your preference you can bake longer for crunchier biscuits, a shorter time for softer chewier cookies.
All My Poppet recipes use Australian standard 250ml cup measurments
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 254mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is an estimate only and may vary depending on ingredients used.