What’s for dinner tonight? Just the question I was asking myself when the doorbell rang this afternoon. Luckily for me, it was a surprise delivery from Tassal Salmon – a gift hamper chock full of everything I needed to make this delicious Salmon Pasta.
Salmon is a very nutritious food, rich in protein and Omega 3 fatty acids. Great for keeping our brains healthy, and super tasty too. But best of all it’s quick and easy to prepare, which makes it ideal for mid-week meals.
This Salmon Fettuccine only takes 20min to make so there’s no excuse to order take-away.
A recipe card accompanied the 5 ingredients, which of course included some fresh Tassal salmon. This meal was so easy that I thought I’d share it here so you could try it too.
It’s very adaptable recipe, use whatever pasta you have in the cupboard, swap out the chives for dill or parsley, or maybe even add some fresh chilli.
- 300g Tassal Tasmanian Fresh Salmon, Skin off (2 small salmon fillets)
- 500g Fettuccine Pasta (or alternate pasta)
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 1 tbps chives (chopped)
- 1 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 200C
- Place salmon fillets on lined baking tray and bake for 15min.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water till tender.
- Drain pasta and return to pot, add cream and chopped chives. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Plate pasta into 4 bowls.
- Remove salmon from oven and flake with a fork.
- Stir salmon through pasta and top with a generous squeeze of lemon.
I like my pasta on the softer side so I tend to cook it a little past 'al dente'
Not a fan of very creamy sauces? Reduce the cream by half and add some extra lemon juice instead.
You may also like – Fish Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
FYI – This post was not sponsored but I did receive some products from Tassal to try with no obligation to create a post. I just really like salmon and thought you would enjoy this recipe.