There’s nothing as refreshing as a cool glass of Homemade Lemonade on a hot summer’s day. With summer showing no signs of waning, having a batch of Lemon Cordial at hand means you can whip up a tray of cool drinks in a flash.
This delicious lemon cordial recipe was passed on to me by my friend Dani Venn a few summers ago.
You can mix it up with plain filtered or tap water for a classic lemonade cordial drink, or combine it with sparkling water, for a fizzy refreshing thirst quencher.
This old fashioned lemonade cordial recipe is so versatile, it even makes delicious iced Popsicles. Freeze the diluted mixture in icy-pole moulds to make a cool treat for the kids.
Not just for kids! The lemony syrup also tastes fantastic in cocktails and mixed drinks, just add a shot of vodka and soda and you’ve got yourself a ‘hard lemonade’.
If you are lucky enough to have your own lemon tree at home, this lemon cordial recipe is a great way to preserve your bountiful harvest.
Store in thoroughly sterilized jars or bottles to keep your lemonade cordial for several months.
This recipe makes around 1/2 L of lemon cordial concentrate, that can then be mixed up to make around 4L of Old Fashioned Lemonade.
You may also enjoy:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup lemon zest
- Lemon slices and Ice (to serve)
- Still or sparkling water (to serve)
To make lemon syrup
- Add sugar and water to a medium sized saucepan and stir on high heat until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and zest.
- Pour into a sterilised jar or bottle and refrigerate until required
To make Lemonade
- Add 1 part lemon syrup to 3 parts still or sparking water in a tall glass or jug and serve with ice and lemon slices.
This recipe makes around 1/2 L of lemon cordial concentrate that can be mixed with water to make upto 4L of lemonade drink.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is an estimate only and may vary depending on ingredients used.