Chocolate Bark a is fun and easy to make treat that is perfect as a party snack or wrapped up for gifts. You can use any combination of you favorite candy, nuts or dried fruit, but for a real rainbow effect, use jelly beans!
Emma is having a Harry Potter Birthday party soon, and I’m tempted to make a Bertie Botts Every Flavour Bean Chocolate Bark version, (although I don’t much fancy the idea of getting a chunk of bark with earwax flavour!) I’d better stick to the classic (non-gross) jelly bean flavours for the party.
This recipe uses Jelly Belly jelly beans which are well suited to this type of recipe as they are smaller than the regular sized jelly beans so they won’t sink to the bottom.
Just some advice on colouring chocolate – Make sure you use gel colouring for this recipe. Liquid Food Colours are water based and will cause the chocolate to seize (go crumbly). Gel coloring is preferable and more concentrated. Just add one drop at a time. For best results, dip a toothpick or skewer into the colouring gel then swirl it though the chocolate so you can really control how much colouring you add.
- 1 bag (340g/12 oz) white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup Jelly Belly jelly beans
- Assorted gel food coloring
- Melt choc chips in a 2 cup glass measuring cup and microwave 2 to 4 minutes until barely melted being careful not to overcook. Alternatively melt chocolate on top of a double boiler.
- Stir to be sure all the chips are completely melted.
- On wax paper pour out chocolate into a 2-inch puddle, spreading to about ¼-inch thickness. While still hot, drop a few drops of desired food coloring randomly through pan.
- Take a toothpick and stripe white chocolate bark to create whimsical designs. Then sprinkle a handful of Jewel Jelly Belly jelly beans, and press beans lightly into the chocolate.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Cut or break into smaller pieces
PIN FOR LATER
This recipe has been adapted and re-published with permission from Jelly Belly. Jelly Belly product is available for purchase via select retailers as well as via their website www.jellybelly.com.au.