Figs are one of my favourite fruits and today’s recipe contributor Carina, is lucky enough to have not one, but two fig trees in her garden. I’m so jealous!
Carina tells us about her delicious Fig & Almond Tart Recipe…
“If I am not working, playing with my little man or crafting, you will find me in the kitchen, I love to bake.
This recipe has become my go-to ‘need-to-take-morning/afternoon-tea-dish’ or dessert. Making this fig & almond tart in a fluted tart tin produces a fancy-cafe-style tart or if made individually produces elegant stylish desserts (especially when served with cream or ice-cream). I have received countless compliments and numerous requests for the recipe. Go on, try it. Once you see for yourself how EASY and how GOOD it tastes, it may even become your go-to recipe.
If you don’t have fresh figs available try peach wedges, nectarines, or even frozen berries.”
You may also enjoy:
- 100g fresh figs (or alternative fruit)
- 170g (1 cups) pure icing sugar
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 155g (1 1/2 cups) almond meal
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 180g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- Melted butter, to grease
- Plain flour, to dust
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Brush fluted tart tin [loose base] with melted butter to grease. Dust with plain flour.
- Combine the sugar, flour and almond meal in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre. Add egg and butter. Stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin.
- Randomly place fruit on top of the mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until light golden.
- Set aside in the tin for 5 minutes to cool slightly before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust the tart with icing sugar to serve.
Use any fruit you have available, peach wedges, fig quarters, nectarines, frozen berries (raspberries, blueberries).
Can be served warm or at room temperature, with or without cream/ice-cream.
Recipe modified from Kathy Knudsen [Australian Good Taste]
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is an estimate only and may vary depending on ingredients used.
Thanks Carina, your tart looks delicious!
Image background Designed by Freepik