Today I’m continuing my series of easy allergy friendly treat recipes that your kids will love.
When I think of Coconut and Chocolate I automatically think, Lamingtons! So I’ve named these Coco Choc Date treats, Lamington Balls, because who doesn’t like a Lamington! If you are in the camp of ‘Lamingtons must have a raspberry jam filling’, go with the optional freeze dried raspberry center.
These freeze really well so you can make a big batch, pop one or two into a lunch box and they’ll defrost by morning tea time. The kids will think they are a treat, so don’t tell them they are healthy.
If you need some allergy friendly party snacks, pop them on a stick to make them look extra fancy.
- 2 cups (280g) Medjool Dates pitted (these are more moist than regular dried dates)
- ½ cup (45g) moist coconut flakes (or dessicated coconut) - plus extra for coating
- 2 tbsp (heaped) Cocoa Powder
- 18 freeze dried raspberries (optional)
- Roughly chop dates
- In a food processor combine Dates, cocoa powder and ½ cup coconut, and process until a smooth paste has formed.
- Roll into 18 walnut sized balls.
- If adding raspberries, make a little hole in the centre of ball and add raspberry then push paste back over hole.
- Roll in extra coconut.
- Refrigerate till firm.