How To: DIY Frame Makeover & ‘No Salespeople’ Printable Poster
Sponsored by Nuffnanng
Is it just me, or are those people that knock on your door trying to sell you something that you don’t want, getting more annoying? The worst seem to be power companies wanting you to switch contracts, and they always seem to ring the door bell at the most inconvenient times. I’ve resorted to just ignoring them, and have made a cute sign to get my message across. Hey, I can be pushy too you know, in the nicest possible way of course!
I’ve created a Printable PDF poster that you can use to keep those pesky door knockers away, and have shown you how to makeover an old photo frame to pretty up your door while you’re at it. Read on for Printable link and full instructions…
You Will Need:
An old wooden photo frame (with plastic front not glass)
2 x Eye hooks
Printed “No Salespeople Sign” PDF
Protected area for painting
1. Remove the back and clear front from the frame and give it a light sand. Wipe off any dust in preparation for painting.
2. Spray paint – several light coats give a better result. Allow plenty of drying time between coats. Here are some more Spray Painting Tips
3. Download and print off the STEP OFF sign. You can shrink or enlarge to fit the size of your frame. Lay your clear plastic over the print out and mark the frame size, then cut to fit. If you can’t find an old photo frame with a plastic front, use a piece of thick plastic from some packaging and cut to fit frame. Glass is likely to get broken.
4. Measure about 2″ off each side of top of frame and mark.
5. Carefully screw in eye screws.
6. Tie a length of ribbon for hanging.
7. Cover each eye screw with a ribbon bow.
8. Now your sign is ready to hang on your door. It’s not weather proof so make sure you hang it in a sheltered area.
Of course you could always just print out the sign and just stick it in your window, but that wouldn’t be as much fun!
Hopefully you won’t need it much longer as I’ve heard a rumor that there’s an energy retailer who has been listening to all the negative customer feedback and has made the decision to finally stop door knocking. Apparently there will be an announcement this week. At last they finally ‘get it’.
So crafters unite! Say “Step off my Step” to annoying door knockers, and do it with style!