This weekend I made a christening gown for my adorable niece, baby Eva. My sister didn’t want anything too over the top so she picked an embroidered vintage sheet to use for the fabric.
I’ve never made anything this complicated or important before, but after making the dress for myself a few weeks ago, I was feeling confident that my attempt wouldn’t end in disaster.
I just used a basic dress pattern with a few modifications. The original pattern was a romper dress so I left out the romper pants, lengthened the skirt and fully lined the bodice and skirt. The zip was a little tricky but its in and looks ok from the outside (don’t look inside!).
My sister also picked a scalloped edged bonnet from a vintage pattern I had but it was way too small so I enlarged it. The bonnet is unfinished and still needs to have to ribbon ties added.
Eva is coming around today for the fitting, fingers crossed it fits. I think it came out really beautiful, I can’t wait to see how adorable she looks in it.
Will share photos of the Christening soon…
Breaking news: The dress fits perfectly, I’m so relieved.