Have some fun this Chinese New Year and make a a colourful dragon puppet to celebrate this vibrant festival.
Kids of all ages will love painting the dragon in bright colours – a red dragon red is especially lucky.
So easy to make with paper plates, an egg carton and some other basic craft items you probably already have at home.
You will need:
- 2 paper plates
- egg carton base
- acrylic paint
- feathers and streamers
1. Gather your supplies
2. Cut one plate in half and fold the other in half as pictured.
3. Cut the end of the egg carton off, these will be the eyes.
4. Staple the plate edges together around the edges and glue or staple egg carton section on top.
5. Paint brightly in your favourite colours.
6. When dry, glue on feathers and streamers behind the eyes.
Time to have some fun.
Here is some behind the scenes action of Emma’s puppet making style.
PIN FOR LATER
Revised post – Originally published Jan 2012