Before, a generic pine wardrobe gathering dust in a friends garage…going cheap at zero dollars!
Added a couple of coats of Acrylic gloss paint, some cute little red knobs from Ikea and some sweet little homemade fabric decals…
How to make fabric Decals
You will need:
- Cotton fabric scraps
- Stiff iron-on fabric interfacing (white)
- PVA (woodwork) glue or similar
- A damp cloth
- A brush to apply glue
- Iron your fabric to remove any creases.
- Iron on a piece of interfacing to the wrong side of your fabric, this should make your fabric nice and thick and prevent fraying.
- Trace your desired design in reverse (interfacing side) remember it will come out in reverse so if you are doing letters you will need to trace the mirror image.
- Cut out your shapes.
- Glue them on to your desired location with the PVA, brush onto the back of decal initially then when positioned brush onto front. The glue will soak through and great a bit or a shiny finish when it dries. Make sure to wipe of any excess with a damp cloth while the glue is still wet.
- You’re done!