Easter is just around the corner, so now is the perfect time to start thinking about what crafty adventures you and the kids are going to get up to these Easter holidays. I’ve got a colourful, fun and easy to make kids Easter Craft project that the kids will love.
This colourful button DIY project will make the perfect decor accessory for your Easter celebrations. (It’s also a great way to use that big jar of buttons you’ve been squirreling away for years.)
You may also enjoy these Easter Craft Projects for Kids:
Kids Easter Craft – DIY Easter Egg Button Art
You will need:
- colourful buttons
- Mod Podge or other PVA craft glue
- Easter egg shaped wooden craft frame, plaque or similar (you can find these at craft stores like Spotlight or Riot Craft)
- sponge brushes
- craft paint
- paint tray or old plate
1. Let’s start with painting your egg frame. We chose a bright festive yellow colour and used a soft sponge brush to apply the craft paint.
2. While your egg is drying start sorting your buttons into colour groups. We created a rainbow layered pattern – but you might like to create a circular or striped pattern.
3. Apply the glue in small patches and position your buttons before the glue dries. We used a Mod Podge product, though another craft glues would work just as well.
4. Continue gluing down your buttons till you fill up your egg shape. We used a mix of all different sized buttons.
5. Put your colourful Easter craft creation aside to dry – you will notice that our glue turned from white to clear as it dried.
If you can’t find one of these Easter wooden frames at your local craft store why not try tracing a shape yourself onto a piece of thin plywood or even cardboard.
Doesn’t it look great? Coloured buttons are super cheerful, and this Easter Egg Button Art will certainly cheer up a dark corner.
Happy Easter crafting!
Introducing My Poppet’s newest craft contributor Kylie.
I’m Kylie – a self confessed handmade lover, fabric hoarder, craft blogger and mum of two little girls. You’ll find me at Handmade Kids every day sharing a healthy dose of handmade goodies and crafty inspiration to my community. I love to create kids crafts and showcase the amazing handmade creative community. Pop over and see me on my blog & instagram