My roundup of Crochet Christmas Ornaments has been so popular this year, that I thought it would be fun to put together a pattern list for all you knitters out there. I’ve scoured the web for the cutest, most colourful and creative Knitted Christmas Ornament patterns and tutorials.
Most of these are a great way of using up yarn scraps, and if you are quick with your needles there is still plenty of time to whip up a few before Christmas. Some of the simpler motifs would look great to add a special touch to a gift wrapped parcel.
Many of these patterns require double pointed needles and fairly fine yarn, so if you have been wanting to try some new knitting challenges, making ornaments is a good way to practice your skills.
I’ve collected some FREE patterns and tutorials for you, as well as some inexpensive PDF patterns by very talented knitting designers.
These are my favourite patterns from Etsy, they are all instant digital downloads so you can start on your knitting immediately. I’m especially in love with the little sweater, so cute!
FYI: I’ve linked to each pattern below using affiliate links
- Knit Christmas Ball set by Amy Gaines
- Ribbon Tree ornament by Toti Patterns
- Knitted Acorn by The Sitting Tree
- Knitted Hearts by Toti Patterns
- Knitted Flower Wreath by iKnit Designs
- Matryoshka Ornaments by Toti Patterns
- Ball Wreath by Toti Patterns
- Mini Hats Garland by Maggie Pace
- Mini Sweater Ornament by Elves World
If you are just starting on your knitting journey, you may want to try your hand at some of these FREE Christmas Ornament Knitting Patterns. Some have step by step tutorials which is helpful if you are a beginner. Patterns 10-13 are ideal for beginners to try.
10. Dala Horse Ornament by Yarnspirations
11. Oh Christmas Tree by Yarn Miracle
12. Knitted Mini Wreath by Knitting on the Net
13. Easy Knitted Christmas Tree by The Twisted Yarn
14. Star Ornament by Homelife
15. Pint Sized Pines by Simply Notable
16. Christmas Ornaments by Love Knitting
17. Knitted Mistletoe by Crazy Dazy
18. Mini Christmas Stockings by Hands Occupied
How adorable are those tiny Christmas Stockings? Have fun knitting up a storm this Christmas.
Like this post? PIN IT for later