How To: Bunny Hand Puppet

I made this little bunny puppet a couple of years ago from an old sweater. It requires minimal sewing skills, and if you don’t have a sewing machine, it is a small enough project to stitch by hand.
With Easter on the way soon, why not give a gift that can be enjoyed all year around.

For instructions and template…

– Template – download link and print to fit on A4 page
– An old light coloured woollen sweater that has been felted (fulled) in hot water so it won’t unravel when cut. (You may already have one that was accidentally machine washed or thrown in the dryer.)
– Pink felt scraps for the ears
– wool roving or yarn to make pom pom tail
– embroidery or sewing thread for nose and eyes
– sewing supplies and sewing machine (optional)

– Cut 2 body pieces aligning the ribbed edge of the sweater at the bottom to form the cuff of the puppet. Cut 2 ears.

– Machine zig zag (or hand stitch) around the edges leaving the bottom open.
– To shape ears, bring both edges into center and hand stitch to fasten.

– Either make a small yarn pom pom or needle felt some roving to make a fluffy tail. Hand stitch on securely.
– Hand stitch on ears, eyes and nose where indicated on template.

All done! Enjoy

Here are some more Easter themed craft projects
Easter Eggs Three Ways

www.mypoppet.com.au

• georgeina says:

that's delightful! may join my long list of things to do….

• Karen says:

These puppets are so cute! I have been searching the internet for the last few hours to find a wonderful gift to make for my three and a half year olds, in a class of 17 boys and girls. I am finally done with the search. I know that they will absolutely LOVE these! Now, I have a whole month to make them before our spring break.

Thank you for sharing!!

• Miss Cinti @ My Poppet says:

Have fun making them, I’m sure they will adore them. If you can’t find old sweaters, craft felt works just as well.

• Karen says:

I have never commented on a blog before so I am excited that you wrote back. I am going to use terry cloth so that they can be used in the bath also. Until I get them made and sent home [on spring break] I am going to make one to use in the classroom. I think that will even make it more exciting when they get one in their backpack in April.

The puppets are so cute and I thank you that the pattern is free. I do not have a very financially stable life but I want to do something fun for the children. I so appreciate you sharing!!!!

• jet says:

this is even more cutter to make.XD I think this is a great gift for all the small kiddo’s.
    But for grown ups as well. It made me smile.
    thank you for this tute and the sharing;-D

• Alicia says:

I love this bunny puppet! May I please share one of your pictures in the craft inspiration blog post I am making for Easter? Of course I will add a link back to you for credits.
    Sincerely,