This Pom Pom Wreath is a fun to make alternative to the traditional Christmas wreath. You can make it with materials you may already have laying about the house. Get the kids involved in making the Pom Poms and you’ll have this cheerful Christmas decoration made in no time at all.
There are lots of similar versions of this project out there, but here is how I made mine.
You will need:
- Lots of yarn in your favourite colour combination
- Large piece of stiff cardboard
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Large and small plate or something to trace a circle
- Pom Pom maker or extra cardboard to make pom poms with
How to make a Pom Pom Wreath:
1. Gather your materials.
2. Mark a large circle on your cardboard by tracing around the edge of your plate, and do the same with the smaller plate. Cut out your ring. This will be the base of your wreath.
3. Make a couple of small holes and thread a double loop of yarn through for hanging.
4. Make a truck load of pom poms! Ok now make a few more. You can use a pom pom maker or make them the old fashioned way. Arrange your pom poms on the ring and glue them down firmly. Trim to neaten and you are done!
Hang on a door to for a festive welcome. Would also be fun as part of a table centerpiece (although maybe keep away from candles).
Tune in tomorrow to see how I’ve used it in my festive decorations.
LOVE IT? PIN IT!