It’s that special time of the year and it’s time to get festive – don’t you just love Christmas! We have dug deep into our craft box for a fun and easy craft to create with the kids this Christmas.
Let’s make some fun Handmade Christmas cards!
You will need:
- card stock (or pre-made blank cards)
- craft pom poms
- glitter glue or glue stick
- colourful pipe cleaners
- felt sheets
- hot glue gun
How to make your Christmas Cards:
1. Use pre-made blank cards if you can find them, otherwise grab a sheet of card stock and cut and fold it to the size you would like.
2. Lay out all your festive coloured craft supplies – think buttons, pom poms, ribbons, felt, pipe cleaners, sparkles, glitter and anything else you might have tucked away in your craft stash.
3. Have think about what festive designs you might like. Maybe candy canes, a snowman, Santa, baubles, presents, a Christmas tree or a friendly elf? There are so many options. You can always pop over to Pinterest for some inspiration.
4. Get crafting! We used a hot glue gun to securely fix on our crafty supplies – though you can use any glue you might have at home.
Note: Hot glue guns get VERY hot so be extra careful with your little ones.
5. We created a Candy Cane design, a Snowman and a Christmas Star decoration – all with a touch of glitter (we love a bit of sparkle)!
Hope you have fun creating your own Christmas Cards. We’d love to hear what you come up with – why not leave us a comment.
Happy Christmas crafting!
Introducing My Poppet’s newest craft contributor Kylie.
I’m Kylie – a self confessed handmade lover, fabric hoarder, craft blogger and mum of two little girls. You’ll find me at Handmade Kids every day sharing a healthy dose of handmade goodies and crafty inspiration to my community. I love to create kids crafts and showcase the amazing handmade creative community. Pop over and see me on my blog & instagram