If you love all things sweet and adorable then I think you’ll dig making this dessert inspired Mini Waffle Purse complete with sprinkles.
If you have a little one that loves carrying wee treasures around in their own mini handbag, I’m sure this colourful child sized purse will delight them.
Inspired by love hearts, and chocolate waffle ice creams, this mini handbag is totally sweet.
Crafty tweens and teens will love making their own version of this little purse. It’s the perfect size to hold lip balm and some ice-cream money.
Well, I’ve waffled on long enough, now let’s get making.
Looking for more fun food themed accessories? Try:
How to make a Mini Heart Shaped Waffle Purse
You’ll only need basic craft supplies to make this cute heart shaped waffle purse. Some craft felt sheets, a little bit of paint and basic sewing supplies are all that it takes to create this super sweet accessory.
If you fancy a larger version of this purse, simply increase the printing scale of both template pages.
Make the embellishments really pop by embroidering the design and adding sequins or beads in place of painted sprinkles! Do this instead of painting the design in Step 5.
You will need:
- Felt sheets: cream, brown, pink
- Acrylic paints: pink, blue, yellow, bronze/brown
- Pink thread
- Pen or pencil
- Scissors: paper, fabric
- Paint brush
- Dressmakers pins
- Adhesive tape
1. Print the template pages at 100% (2 pages in total).
2. Cut out the template pieces and join the matching pieces with tape.
3. Trace the templates onto felt fabric. Cut the icing in brown and make sure to mirror the design.
4. Cut out the felt fabric pieces.
5. Paint waffle design onto heart pieces in a criss-cross pattern. Paint sprinkles on both icing pieces. Set aside and allow to dry before sewing.
6. Layer the Icing pieces over the Heart pieces, making sure they are mirrored. Stitch the Icing pieces to the Heart pieces, along the lower edge of the Icing.
7. Fold the Under Panel piece close to the edge of the wider side, as per the pattern markings. With a running stitch sew this folded section closed.
8. Layer the panel and Under Panel pieces together, lining up the slit. Blanket-stitch the pieces together along the edge of the slit.
9. Fold and pin the Under Panel piece in line with the Panel edge.
10. Fold and pin the Handle piece lengthwise. Then Blanket-stitch the edges closed.
11. Pin the Handle to either side of the Panel slit. Stitch the Handle ends to the Panel using a star pattern stitch.
12. Fold the Panel piece in half bringing the short edges together. Blanket stitch the short edges together.
13. Pin and Blanket-stitch the Panel and one Heart piece together. Repeat with the second Heart piece.
14. Stitch together the bottom point of both heart pieces.
All done! Time to accessories a cute outfit with this sweet Mini Waffle Purse.