Bling up your evening with an easy to craft ring made using hot glue. Yes, you heard it here, hot glue gun crafts are a thing!
Not only can hot glue be used to stick items together, but it’s an amazingly versatile material that can be used to make all sorts of other things.
These glow-in-the-dark rings are so adorable and easy to craft, you’ll want to make them as uniquely alternative party favours. Nothing like a bit of bling that can sparkle just as brightly in the dark as it does during the day.
Easy enough for teens to make with minimal supervision, and a great DIY gift to give to school friends.
It’s time to fire up the hot glue gun and try this out-of-the-box hot glue gun craft idea!
You may also enjoy these DIY jewellery ideas:
Get your Glow on with a Glue Gun Ring
You will need:
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glow in the dark glue sticks
- Ring base (saucer shape)
- Silicone mould – assorted shapes
- Craft knife
Note: If you don’t have glow-in-the-dark glue sticks for the hot glue gun, just replace it with regular glue sticks. Add glitter or paint the ring with nail polish to decorate.
1. Heat up the hot glue gun. Install the glow in the dark glue stick.
2. Shoot liquid glue into a silicone mould, making sure to get into all the corners. Stop filling the mould at a height of 5mm.
3. While the glue in the mould is still liquid, quickly submerge the ring saucer. Set aside and allow the glue to go hard.
4. Once the glue has hardened, peel back the silicone mould, and remove the newly formed ring.
5. With a craft knife carefully cut out the lumps and bumps, and smooth out the edges of the hardened glue.
6. Expose the ring to a bright light, either from a lamp or torch, for about a minute. Then turn out the lights.
All done! Wear your glow-in-the-dark ring with style.
Are you keen to try more Hot Glue Gun crafts?