What’s more exciting that receiving a party invitation? Well, if you are a fan of all things Harry Potter, receiving a party invitation in the style of a Hogwarts Acceptance letter takes the cake.
The day of Emma’s Harry Potter party has finally arrived, and I’m super excited to show you all the projects I’ve made for her birthday celebration. Over the coming weeks I’ll be sharing lots of the crafty projects I’ve made for the party, as well as some recipes and the final party reveal over on My Poppet LIVING.
Today I thought I’d start at the beginning with the Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Party Invitations. I’ve created my own template in the style of a scroll from a few web resources available via creative commons, and have included a printable template so you can make your own.
It’s easy to print your own invitations. Just download the PDF, and add text in your favourite word processing or photo editing software. I’ve overlaid my text in Photoshop, but you can use Canva, MS Word or Pages for mac. Anything that lets you overlay text onto an image will work.
For lovers of snail mail, this template also makes fun letter paper for handwritten letters.
I’ve also added a ticket for the Hogwarts Express just for a bit of fun. You can download your own version from this source.
DIY Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Party Invitation
You will need:
- Printer and Ink
- A4 paper
- Hogwarts Letterhead Template – Download here
- Brown paper or parchment envelope
- Sealing wax and stamp (optional) – use this handy DIY Sealing Wax alternative
1. Download the template file. Drag it onto an A4 document in word, pages or Photoshop.
2. Open a text box and insert the suggested text, changing all the relevant information. Select a suitable old style looking font, and change the colour to green, just like a Hogwarts letter.
We are please to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for a celebration of [name] Birthday.
Please join us at [time] on [date] at [address].
Traditional wizarding robes will be provided. Please find enclosed your ticket for the Hogwarts Express.
We await your owl post RSVP. If you must, you may use muggle methods contact the Admissions Officer via [phone number].
Minerva McGonagall (or your name)
3. Print out as many copies as required.
4. If desired you can cut out the scroll for a more authentic effect.
5. Don’t forget to add a ticket to the Hogwarts Express.
6. Wrap in brown paper or insert into a parchment envelope and add a melted wax seal if desired. If you’d like to make your own brown paper envelope I have an envelope template you can use.
I’ve used a melted red crayon to make my seal – read all about it here.
Emma’s friends were super excited to receive their Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Party Invitations – the anticipation for Emma’s Harry Potter Party was at an all time high!
Check out more Harry Potter Party projects in the links below!
Looking for more Harry Potter crafts? You may enjoy
- Gryffindor Patch with Template
- DIY Wizard Wands
- Luna Lovegood Cosplay
- DIY Hogwarts Robes
- The Ultimate Harry Potter Party